From my personal experience, I can say that making coffee with butter tends to result in a smoother, more even effect from the caffeine – rather than a strong jolt about 20 minutes after finishing my cup, I find that the energy lift lasts for a few hours. Your mileage may vary.
I used to drink about 14-16 cups of coffee a day. I used to make a fresh pot – at 11PM. It seemed to have little effect on my sleep, but eventually it had very little effect on my wakefulness either. Since I’ve started drinking butter coffee, I find I need 2-3 cups/day, max.
But in the evenings, or if you just don’t want the caffeine, it’s helpful to have another option. This one’s pretty freakin’ awesome.
Butter (and fats in general) tend to be flavor-enhancers, and when combined with an herbal tea infused with fruits, the result is something like a hot, decadent cup of pie. Sweet without sugar, smooth and warming straight through.
I usually do this late in the evening, an hour or two before bed.
- Add tea bag and 8-oz of hot water to a blender or small, tightly-sealable water bottle
- Let tea seep for 5-7 minutes
- Remove tea bag, and add 1 packet of fatCoffee®
- Close lid securely, and shake/blend for 45-60 seconds
- Open carefully, pour into a mug and enjoy!